Operational efficiency need to be optimized along the entire supply chain just as much at local scale on each link as at global scale. Optimization intelligence can combine both and empower logistics experts with tailored decision support tools.
- Complexity due to rising volume (e-commerce), additional constraints (environment) and new flows (reverse logistics, delivery points fragmentation).
- Uncertainty due to network interconnections, companies interdependence, intermodal synchronisation and supply & demand volatility.
- Pressure on profit margins due to major operating expenses and stiff competition.
- Systemic and high-level data-driven decision support
- Robust solutions to face random events
- Agile solutions that can be re-optimized dynamically
- Increased operations efficiency
- Reduced operating costs
- Improved quality of service
- Automation to mitigate risk and errors
Automation of freight assignments creating synergies and curtailing empty returns thanks to systemic optimization.
Pickup-and-delivery planning with two-echelon distribution network and shipment pooling.
Order batching and picking optimization to reduce order preparation time.