Engineer in Optimisation Applications
Atoptima is a “DeepTech” start-up offering decision support technologies to «do more and better, while consuming less». We are contributing to respond to growing market expectations while achieving sustainable development.
To address this challenge, Atoptima deploys state of the art optimisation algorithms to put science to use in reducing our resource consumption. At the crossover of mathematics, computer science and management science, Atoptima brings software solutions to operations planning problems (such as vehicle routing or task scheduling) in a variety of sectors (such as logistics, healthcare, agriculture, or sustainable industry).
The company was born as a spin-off of an academic research team from Inria/CNRS/Université de Bordeaux and research labs in Brazil. Our team emerges as a leader in advanced combinatorial optimisation technologies, combining mathematical programming and artificial intelligence. Our expertise, accumulated over more than 25 years, gives rise to powerful solvers for optimisation problems that are helping key market actors.
Atoptima received the prestigious prize for innovation transfer (i-Lab) from the Ministry of Research and Innovation in France. We were selected by the French Tech in the NA20 short list, and are supported by BPI France as well as private investors. We are currently reinforcing our team to support our growth.
At the interface between our R&D and customer service teams, you will contribute to designing and developing optimisation Apps. All our software developments are in-house. Open-source projects are developed in partnership with top notch academic research labs. Our Apps are developed in Julia and cloud-based as micro-services.
- Developing and deploying applications that are well designed, making the best use of our software library.
- Contributing in the development of generic packages and frameworks of our software library.
- Designing interfaces in interaction with the FrontEnd/BackEnd team.
Customer Service and Support
- Modeling real-life application in optimisation.
- Deploying optimisation strategies to address challenging use cases.
- Proposing operational solutions to customer problems, while assessing their pertinence.
Scientific monitoring and contributions
- Investigating the state of the art in optimisation tools.
- Benchmarking algorithms against the literature.
- Contributing to the computational results of the scientific publications of our team.
Location and working arrangements
- You will be based in Bordeaux, in the brand-new offices at the Cité Numérique, the heart of the regional Tech ecosystem (nearby the train station).
- Part-time home office is an option.
- Permanent contract (CDI).
Salary and Advantages
- Salary depending on profile and experience
- Dynamic and highly stimulating environment in a fast-growing tech startup
- Being part of a committed company with social and environmental impact
- Good perspective of career development, autonomy & flexibility
- Corporate culture of excellence, in an international team
- Health insurance 100% covered by the company; latest Mac equipment; …
Discover more about the corporate culture on: https://atoptima.com/jobs/
Profile we are seeking for
- Skills: a generalist computer scientist/mathematician, well trained in project management, able to handle different technologies, with great curiosity, and eager for cutting-edge technologies and complex topics.
- Versatility: open-minded and open to handle the wide spectrum of fields related to the job, with a track record in software and algorithmic development.
- Curiosity/Perceptiveness: since no one is an expert on all subjects, we seek for a fast learner that is proactive in tackling new problems with great curiosity.
- Thorough/Analytics: enthusiastic of a job well done, while being able to be efficient and move fast to keep pace with a quickly-growing company.
- Startup/Tech: having experience or at least be keen to develop and implement cutting-edge technologies via B2B SaaS business models.
- Communication/Diplomacy: good communication skills in terms of acting with diplomacy while handling sensitive situations.
- Fluent in English, written & spoken.
Applications are welcome any time to start as soon as possible.
- First contact by videoconference (~30mn): introducing ourselves respectively
- Interview with the scientific team (~1h30) in our offices (or by videoconference if you live far from Bordeaux)
- Interview in our offices with Atoptima’s founders (~1h30)
➔ To apply, send a resume and a few words to present your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated Mon, 06 Feb 2023.