Handling urban logistics for meal distribution and collection of reusable containers, taking into account seasonality (school vacation period) and challenges such as:
- Each vehicle does a series of several trips in the morning with returns to the depot.
- Optimization of deliveries with multiple time window options.
- Detailed modeling of access times and service times (different equipment depending on the vehicle, such as ramps and tailgates).
- Integrate delivery and reverse logistics of meal containers.
- Simulate the impact of the introduction of new vehicles.
By automating complex and time-consuming tasks, the decision support tool provides a complete delivery planning in seconds, while guaranteeing the best possible solution.
The application solver has made it possible to significantly increase the filling rate (up to 90%), thus reducing the number of vehicles needed by 33%.
Scenario simulations allowed to provide significant answers on the interest of modifying the nature of the fleet to offer a more efficient and virtuous service.